Monday, January 28, 2013

1st SVG File Card

Hello again!  I have a new card for you today!  I'm fairly new to the papercrafting world.  The 1st cutting machine that I owned was the Cricut Expression.  I liked my Cricut but really hated spending $35-$100 for a cartridge that I would only use a handful of images from.  I LOVE Jaded Blossom stamps!  You can find those here.  Anywho I also follow them on FB & noticed that a lot of them had begun putting svg files on their cards/projects.  I loved them!  I started researching svg cuts & found out that those can be cut using a Silhouette Cameo.  After much debating, I decided to take the plunge & purchase one!  I sold my Cricut & ordered a Silhouette Cameo.  I was very nervous but am glad that I made the switch.  My Cameo makes such smooth cuts & does a great job cutting even the tiniest & most intricate cuts.  Another thing that I love about my Cameo is that it doesn't take cartridges.  I am able to buy single images for as cheap as $0.99!  Alot of them are also free!  Who doesn't love free?!?!?!  I got the image that I used on my card from Ann.  She owns SVG Cutting Files & has the cutest images!  You should go check them out!  I got the love sign language cut from her store for free!  It can be found under her freebies section.  I was really pleased w/ how my card turned out!  I'm glad you stopped by today & hope you liked my card.  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you done with the Hand signing file....great job. And I love my Cameo too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cute great job I love how it turn out, I am following your blog now too, I love my cameo still looking to learn lots more
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete